Computer Applications Technology and Design/Technology Teacher
Applications are invited for the position of Computer Applications Technology and Design/Technology Teacher
Starting Date: Monday, 1 January 2018
Reports To: Head of Department – Humanities
- High competence with technology
- A knowledge of Google Apps for Education would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Sound relationship building skills
- Effective time management
- Analytical and Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- An ability to delegate effectively
- High level of presentation skills
- Very strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to handle pressure and to work within deadlines
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- An appropriate academic qualification and proof of registration with SACE.
- An established track record of effective teaching. A passion for enquiry based, student-centred learning.
- A working knowledge of the latest educational trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated capacity to work effectively in teams.
- A willingness to participate in the broader life of the Academy and to contribute positively to the ethos, vision and mission of the school.
- A commitment to personal growth and the development of others.
- Experience of IEB teaching at Grade 12 level is essential
- Marking at IEB Grade 12 Level would be an advantage.
- Experience in teaching the Middle Years Programme (International Baccalaureate) would be an advantage.
Applications for the post close on Wednesday, 28 July 2017. Applications must be submitted via email with a CV, a letter of motivation and the names of three contactable referees, to email@example.com
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls is a member of ISASA and is an equal opportunity employer. Only suitably qualified applicants will be considered. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position.